Help…when you need it most
Dealing with Probate and Estate Administration can be a complex and challenging task, especially when you have lost a loved one. We understand it can feel daunting, trying to work out where to begin.
Our dedicated, qualified Solicitors will sympathetically guide and support you through the process
At Caunters we have many years of experience in dealing with the complexities of Probate & Estate administration and our dedicated, qualified Solicitors will sympathetically guide and support you through the process.
We involve you at every stage of the Probate, keeping you informed and up to date whilst we undertake all of the required administrative duties.
Expert Probate advice, protecting you
We are dedicated to looking after you and your family’s interests and to minimising any costs that can be incurred.
If the person that has died has left a Will, their wishes will be set out clearly. The appointed executors are likely to need to get a grant of probate. If a person dies without a Will then it is the spouse or the closest relatives that will be the people who will have the right to manage the estate.
executors/administrators are personally responsible for any loss suffered by a beneficiary
It is imperative that any estate is administered correctly as the Executors/Administrators are personally responsible for any loss suffered by a beneficiary or for any tax that remains unpaid to Revenue and Customs together with any penalties charged by revenue for incorrect submission of documentation and tax paid.
our specialist Solicitors will ensure that you are fully protected
Our specialist solicitors will ensure that you as Executors/Administrators are fully protected by using our expert knowledge to manage the estate smoothly and efficiently.
Unlike many other firms of Solicitors, Banks and Building Societies we pride ourselves in acting for lay Executors/Administrators on a time cost only basis which means you will only be charged for the work done on a matter without any percentage uplift in relation to the value of the estate.
Caunters, dedicated to looking after you and your family’s interests
We will always ensure that our costs are transparent and will keep you informed as matters progress.
We can help with:
- Acting on behalf of the executors in administering the estate
- Advising on who is entitled to administer the estate
- Ensuring that a full investigation of all the assets and liabilities of the estate has been undertaken to avoid any penalties being charged by Revenue and Customs
- Dealing with any errors in a Will
- Advising on Inheritance and Capital Gains Tax Liability
- Completing Inheritance Tax returns
- Submitting applications for the grant of probate or letters of administration
- Discussing any possible claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
For further advice and information call Liskeard
Caunters…Caring for You